Monday, October 5, 2009

Tako Salad

Since we still had some leftover pork spareribs from 2 nights ago, today I just made a simple tako (octopus) salad with cucumbers, tomatoes, sesame oil, ponzu sauce, and ginger. What I learned from today's salad:
  • The Marukai octopus is more tender and works better with this salad than the Nijiya one.
  • Ginger makes this salad yuuummier! Maybe I'll use twice as much ginger next time.
For dessert, we had strawberries with yogurt. The Costco strawberries we bought this weekend were quite sweet and yummy. They were also already quite ripe, so we need to eat them quickly! Since we've been eating so healthy at home, I wondered if H was suffering from sweets withdrawal since coming here - he told me not to worry because work is always full of sweets and the nurses had just given him a taro malasada today.


No comments:

Post a Comment