Thursday, October 15, 2009

Salmon Foil Yaki and Lettuce Soup

Today we had one of our favorite simple dishes - salmon foil yaki(grill). Just put the salmon in aluminum foil, put any veggies of choice on top, stick into the toaster oven to grill, then eat with ponzu sauce when done. So simple yet always turns out so juicy and tasty. Also discovered a new ingredient for miso soup today - lettuce! After accidentally walking into a farmers' market down the street, I bought some lettuce and wondered how it would be in miso soup. I went to my new favorite cooking site and discovered that tons of people were recommending lettuce miso soup, so I had to try it too. Now I think that lettuce may be among my top five choices for yummy ingredients to put in miso soup. The crispness of the lettuce in the soup is somewhat addictive.

No comments:

Post a Comment