Monday, October 12, 2009

Pasta Lunch / Dinner by H

It may look like we only eat Japanese food in this blog, but there has recently been a mini-Italian food boom going on in this house. It started when we bought multiple jars of marinara sauce and boxes of pasta so that H could easily bring pasta lunches into work. Then last night we watched a Japanese food show where they featured several Italian restaurants in Japan. Unable to get my mind off of Italian food after a full night's sleep, today I decided that I would need to do my own version of Japanese Italian for lunch. So here it is: angel hair pasta with chopped clams and clam juice plus a random mixture of leftover veggies from my fridge (tomatoes, lettuce, eggplant, mushrooms), all topped by a few shavings of parmesan cheese. I'm not sure if this is Italian, but it sure is satisfying! Now I'm ready to go back to Japanese food again.


Tonight's dinner featured H as the main chef as he prepared cod using our barely-ever-used-steamer. We had some frozen cod, and he thought steaming it would be the best way to prevent it from getting dry during cooking. The fish was steamed in a bowl with a little soy sauce, chopped ginger, green onions, and a dash of sugar and sesame oil. Both H and I really like the combination of a steamed white fish with ginger and green onions, like they serve in many Chinese restaurants. Looking forward to H's next appearance as main chef.

No comments:

Post a Comment