Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Miso Mackerel

Tonight's photos are still-in-the-pot views of what we ate. Also it looks like we're trying to feed a big family because some of the food is to pack for lunch tomorrow.

I tried a miso mackerel today, stewing the fish in miso, ginger, sugar, sake, and water. The fish was tender and juicy and it had a nice strong flavor, maybe too strong. Note to self: use less miso next time.



My favorite food in the world, miso soup. The main feature of tonight's miso soup, kabocha (Japanese pumpkin), has sunk to the bottom of the pot so you can't see it.



Leftovers from last night's sukiyaki - mostly only veggies now - stir fried together with egg and green onions. I remember my mom often used to make a sukiyaki-with-egg lunch for me like this the day after we had sukiyaki, so seemed like the appropriate thing to do with the leftovers.


No comments:

Post a Comment