Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Pork Shabu Salad

Made a simple pork shabu salad today to go with leftovers from last night's dinner. Some random discoveries from today:
  • I tried using kuzukiri in the salad today - they're glassy, transparent noodles and I really like the texture they add to salads. They come as dry little sticks and need to be put into boiling water, just like pasta. With pasta I usually end up with more noodles than I planned for because of their unexpected growth spurt during boiling, but with the kuzukiri I was surprised in the opposite sense, and kept on having to boil more sticks to get 2 salads' worth of noodles. The effort was worth it, though.
  • Tofu steak ingredients still taste good on day 2!
  • I should shop at Nijiya more often - their pork shabu slices are much nicer than the Marukai ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment