Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Pork Daikon Stew and Carrot Salad

I've made this pork daikon stew before but tonight I added tofu too for some added volume. To add some more color to the table, I tried making this carrot salad that my mom makes often: sliced carrots, sesame oil, sesame seeds, salt and pepper, and vinegar. It was good but I think I used too much pepper and not enough salt. New rice update: bought haiga rice, which is mid-way between white and brown rice in that it still has the nutritious rice germ, but without the tough bran of brown rice. I mixed haiga and white rice in a 2:1 ratio. H and I were pleasantly surprised by the mix - it tastes almost like white rice, but is supposed to be much more nutritious, and a good source of vitamins B and E. Good thing we liked it, because we just bought a 10 lb. bag of haiga rice!


No comments:

Post a Comment