Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Minestrone Soup

Tonight's dinner wins the-most-veggies-ever-packed-into-a-single-meal-at-our-house award! I packed in onions, carrots, celery, bell peppers, corn, kidney beans, parsley, and tomatoes, and was pretty astounded by the growing mound of veggies piling up before me as I continued to cut up vegetable after vegetable. At Foodland I also picked up a small can of sausages as an afterthought, to add a tiny bit of meat to a veggie-ruled soup. Who knew that this tiny sausage can would turn into the hot topic of the night? First, H surprised me by correctly guessing the exact kind of sausage I had bought. We agreed that there was something not quite right with the sausage...and realized that the problem was that it just didn't really taste like sausage at all, and was nearly indistinguishable from the veggies. Our conclusion: next time we will try bacon instead. Or maybe I'll just add even more types of veggies =).


No comments:

Post a Comment